Thanks State Rail

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Day One - Happy Birthday to me

Armed with a travelten and a rail pass I head to Redfern Station on the 10 minute bus journey at 6.30am. Not sure how reliable the Sydney public transport system would be I headed out early. I figured the journey would take only 30 minutes but did not want to take any chances. Thanks to the RTA for taking my license away on my birthday. Happy Birthday to ME.What a great birthday gift.!!

The bus was not crowded, the driver made no eye contact and my travelten whirred into action in the easy to locate green ticket box.The straight faced 6.30am commuters look like they are headed to a funeral and we are all in the hearse. No smiles or sound except for the large engine noise. Ths silent journey made me realise I need an ipod if i am to survive the next 6 months in this world.

The train station was a little different. People rushing everywhere. I love the busyness of it all but as I head to the confusion of the screens where we are told when the next train will be I realise I should have had a coffee first. Quite to my surprise i find the Lewisham train will be arriving on Platform 6 in 3 minutes. I wander off with the rest of the crowd and find my position on the platform and wait with no coffee for the train to arrive. And it did.

Very little drama on my first day but note to self ... smaller bag and grab a coffee first.

No comments:

Post a Comment